Did you know that a close relative of the Giant Sequoia tree lives on the lower east side???
It is called a metasequoia (aka Dawn Redwood) and is planted all over the city. At 100 feet, the tallest one is in the Liz Christy Community Garden on East Houston and the Bowery. Picture courtesy of Donald Loggins who was one of the creators of the garden and inspiration to the community (or guerilla) gardening movement.
I say old because until recently, it was thought to have gone extinct 55 million years ago (with the dinosaurs?), till they found it in China. China, not Chinatown.
- St Louis Mills Outlet Mall
- Palisades Mall
- Nature and Wildlife in Palm Springs, Death Valley and the California Desert
- Nature and Wildlife in Washington D.C. and Baltimore, Maryland
- Nature and Wildlife in Woodstock, New Paltz, Upstate New York, Catskills and Hudson Valley
- Colorado Fall Colors
- Fall Foliage North Carolina
- PA Fall Foliage
- NY Fall Foliage
Filed under: Perks and Tips, Shabbat and Sunday | Tagged: airline it, airline seat, airport lounge, Alpine Recreation, best flyers, Big Sales, Car Hire Usa, Dont Go There, Dream Vacations Travel, Interculturalism, Israeli food, Just Plain Insanity, Plus Good, Pre War Buildings In New York City, seat guru, suitcase charge |